Ness (Vanessa) Cobern Naturopath Brisbane
Naturopath Vanessa Cobern is a Bachelor qualified naturopath who has been fascinated with natural medicine from a young age and is a firm believer in the importance of a holistic approach to good health which incorporates the balance of body, mind and soul. To achieve balance in all of these areas, Vanessa uses a range of evidence based herbal and nutritional therapies, together with personalized lifestyle recommendations.
Ness has a friendly, empathetic and non-judgmental nature which is perfectly suited to the naturopathic profession. Vanessa’s passion for naturopathy and her desire to better the lives of her friends, family and the community with her education is a strong driving force for her. It is her goal not only to assist people in achieving their perfect state of health, but to educate people and empower them with the tools to live not only a healthy life but a life of happiness and longevity – the birthright of each and every one of us!
Areas of interest include:
Liver, metabolic and digestive issues:
- Poor liver function
- Gilbert’s syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome/constipation and diarrhoea
- Weight loss and obesity
- Food allergies (including hayfever) and gut sensitivities
Women’s health issues:
- Pre-menstrual syndrome
- Hormonal imbalance
Mental Health & Nervous System:
- Anxiety, Stress and Depression
- Adrenal Fatigue and exhaustion
In addition to the above, Vanessa is also passionate about preventing illness and has a sound understanding of what consistent steps need to be taken in order to maintain good health.
Vanessa aims to cut through all the confusing and conflicting information that is out there and deliver sound evidence based advice tailored to the individual.
She believes in setting goals for clients that can be easily adjusted and maintained on the client’s journey.
Get to know Naturopath Ness Coberna in 5 points
- Ness grew up on the Gold Coast and had an idyllic childhood where most weekends were spent at the beach or boating on the Broadwater with family and friends. These days Ness is a city dwelling Brisbanite who loves the excitement and convenience of city living but also still loves to re-connect with nature whenever possible. Thankfully, the city of Brisbane has plentiful green spaces where Ness loves to walk her dog Chico, or go for a run along the Brisbane riverside.
- Ness is of the firm belief that laughter is one of the best medicines and that it keeps you young at heart. She loves attending live comedy shows with friends and can often be heard laughing very loudly! Her favourite comedian is Carl Baron.
- Not only is Ness a believer in maintaining a healthy body, mind and spirit but she also believes in the importance of taking care of the health of planet Earth because our health is inextricably linked to the wellbeing of our planet. Ness is currently on a mission to educate herself as much as possible about ways that we can improve the health of our earth, therefore improving our own health and the health of future generations.
- A traveller at heart, Ness has visited many overseas destinations including Europe and the USA. Next on the travel bucket list is South America where Ness is keen to learn more about local healing methods.
- In keeping with her self-care philosophy, Ness has recently started practicing yoga. She is hoping to become more co-ordinated as the weeks go on. Watch this space! The beneficial mental effects have been more immediate and she is very much enjoying the practice.