Naturopath Vanessa Lamaro (Nunn) has been in practice as a Naturopath in both Melbourne and on the Sunshine Coast for the past nine years, helping her patients to overcome their health challenges and optimise their vitality.
Over that time she has treated a very broad range of health concerns and has developed a strong competency in supporting people in most areas of health and disease.
Though Vanessa has a broad range of expertise, her specialities are in the areas of hormonal health, gynaecology and fertility. She has co-authored nine eBooks on fertility and has developed a range of supplements targeted at addressing fertility and gynaecological issues. She is passionate about helping people break free from the often debilitating symptoms that dis-regulated hormones can cause and loves assisting couples to become families.
Vanessa also has a keen interested in supporting people with many other health concerns including type II diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity, gut complaints, immune issues, thyroid conditions, stress, anxiety and depression.
To say Vanessa is passionate about her profession is an understatement! She is an avid learner, and is constantly educating herself and up-skilling in many areas. She believes in being a life-long student and wants to always be the best she can possibly be in her profession.
She loves the toolkit that she has as a naturopath! Her approach is to really dig deep and to look at all causative factors that may be contributing to the individual’s unique health challenge.
She uses thorough case-taking strategies and functional pathology testing to work out the most likely cause of her patients’ complaints and then creating a treatment plan, she recommends therapeutic herbal and nutritional medicines and coaches them to create change with targeted dietary and lifestyle strategies.
Vanessa also believes that true health and wellness comes from a balance of body, soul and mind. Assisting her patients to develop self-nurturing, self-kindness and life-balance are a big part of her work.
Get to know Vanessa in 5 points
- Vanessa became interested in natural health as a teenager when she stumbled upon a couple of classic naturopathic texts, which lead her to transform the kitchen and bodies of her family!
- Vanessa has used her naturopathic knowledge to overcome her own health challenges, as a sufferer of polycystic ovarian syndrome and through these strategies, managed to conceive and give birth to her two beautiful children, despite being told by doctors that she was infertile.
- She is a self-confessed foodie and is happiest when in the kitchen! She loves to create her own recipes that show ‘delicious’ and ‘healthy’ are not mutually exclusive!
- Vanessa moved to the Sunshine Coast from Melbourne in 2010 and loves her new paradise-like hometown! She lives with her wonderful family – her partner Ben, children Jacob and Charlotte and two doggies!
- Vanessa is a joyful, caring optimist who sees this life as a gift and an opportunity to connect with and contribute to others. She is grateful for her profession as a naturopath because it allows her to do just that.