These are our top 3 quick, easy and more importantly highly delicious and nutritious “naughty, but not naughty” snacks.
We would love to see what you cooked up, upload to facebook and tag us –> https://www.facebook.com/integratedwellnessclinic/
Gluten Free, Grain Free Banana Bread
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon dried cinnamon (organic if possible)
- ½ teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 4 free range or organic eggs
- ¾ cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup milk (organic cow’s, almond or coconut)
- 2 tablespoon honey or rice malt syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C and line an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with baking paper
- Combine eggs, milk, banana, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mix well with a hand mixer.
- Mix the coconut flour, cinnamon and baking soda in a small bowl. Then add to the other wet mix and combine together until smooth.
- Drop the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve either cold or warm 🙂
Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownies
- 1 medium peeled sweet potato – 2-3 cups grated
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey or rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- ½ cup raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ tablespoon coconut flour
- Walnuts if desired
- Preheat oven to 185 °C, it is important that it is well preheated
- Mix grated sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, honey and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl and stir together until well incorporated.
- Then add cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda and stir. Finally add coconut flour.
- Avoid adding too much coconut flour as it will absorb too much moisture which will result in drier brownies.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into a well oiled shallow baking tray, suitable for brownies/slices.
- Press some crushed walnuts into slice if desired
- Cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove the tin and cool for 5-10 minutes before carefully removing the brownie cake form the tin.
- Cut them into squares and dust with a little cacao powder or melt some dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and drizzle.
Easy Lemon & Coconut Bliss Balls
- 2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 cups or nut meal (ground up nuts- easiest is almond meal)
- 3 tablespoons or honey or rice malt syrup
- Juice of 2 lemons plus the zest
- Combine lemon and honey/syrup in bowl
- Add coconut and almond and mix well
- Roll into little balls and further roll coconut onto them if you desire, otherwise leave them as is
- Allow to set in fridge, store in fridge to keep them firm