Sydney Naturopath – Clare Barg
While working as a hospital and community-based Pharmacist, Clare’s passion for natural medicine and health education lead her to her studies in Naturopathy.
Following a career as a Pharmacist, Clare completed her Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy). This combined experience means Clare has over 25 years of experience working in health care.
Clare firmly believes in a holistic approach to health care, where the whole patient is treated, in mind-body-and-spirit. As a practitioner, Clare is very warm and empathetic; she loves working with and for clients as they journey towards better health.
With her scientific background, Clare has a very evidence-based and biomedical approach to naturopathy, utilising appropriate functional pathology testing to help identify and treat the cause of health issues. She has a very collaborative philosophy and is happy to work alongside other health care practitioners in helping clients achieve their health goals.
Clare is a huge advocate of ‘Food As Medicine’ and is constantly cooking delicious and nutritious food for her family. Though she absolutely loves her medicinal herbs and nutritional supplements, Clare believes that good health starts with the gut and an optimal diet.
All areas of health interest Clare, though as a mum of two teenagers she has a particular interest in adolescent and women’s health (across all ages and stages). There’s nothing more rewarding than setting up good lifestyle and dietary habits in kids, and seeing them enjoy a lifetime of great health.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy)
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Graduate Diploma of Hospital Pharmacy
- Accredited member of ATMS #50299
- Women’s health
- Mental health
- Digestive disorders
- Adolescent Health
Getting to know Clare Barg in 5 points
- Clare took up competitive basketball in her early 40’s after watching her son from the sidelines of his matches. She is a proud member of the Forest Flames.
- Clare and her family live on the Northern Beaches of Sydney and they spend a lot of time outdoors bushwalking and kayaking.
- Work/life balance is really important to Clare and she relaxes by reading, meditating and walking her Golden Retriever called Thor.
- Being married to a musician, music play’s a huge role in Clare’s life, and she enjoys listening to most genres of music. She wishes she had more spare time to see live music performances.
- Clare loves going camping with family and friends, and especially enjoys cooking on an open fire. Her camp vegetarian nachos is a family favourite.