Are you struggling to get along with your partner and feel as though you never see eye to eye anymore?
Do you wonder how you ever got here and struggle to see the person you once loved so deeply?
Are only staying together because of the kids or find yourself constantly bickering
Whether you feel as though your relationship is truly on the rocks and couples counselling is your last shot, or you simply know that your connection and partnership could be enhanced with professional support, our dedicated team of psychologists can help you.
We offer relationship counselling that is non-judgemental and works with you therapeutically to resolve issues so that you can re-establish your connection and experience more:
Relationships may struggle for many reasons, this may be due to many factors such as:
- Cracks have started to develop after a long time together
- Being time poor and not having enough time to put into the relationship
- A continual sense of stress and overwhelm
- Suffering from physical or mental illness or disbalance
- Feeling misunderstood and unheard
- A life experience or trauma that challenges the strength of the relationship
- Unresolved conflict
- Holding expectations of each other that may be misunderstood, unrealistic or misaligned
- Going long periods of time with a lack of joy and overall life fulfilment
- Financial strains causing high stress
- Trust has been compromised
- Reduced care or respect
The core purpose of relationship counselling & marriage counselling is to:
- Learn how to effectively support each other
- Give both individuals a legitimate voice and work through any misunderstandings
- Facilitate communication in a non-judgemental manner
- Validate experiences
- Identify again the core personality traits that connected you to each other in the first place
- Re-establish the connection that once existed but is now missing
- Discuss the arguments or disagreements that seem reoccurring and never-ending. What is the core reasoning of these?
When we feel attacked or judged we go into defensive behaviours and create patterns that rarely get into the essence of what is really going on. So, within a non-judgemental and safe therapeutic way, both parties will have the time and space to be able to effectively communicate what they are experiencing and what is going on.
Both individuals are the client, there is no bias. Time will be spent delving into patterns that may have been established before the relationship was developed. These patterns may be getting in the way of effectively communicating your needs, tension and fears with each other. These patterns could be what is holding you back from a beautiful relationship.
Our compassionate team offer service from our couples counsellor or relationship counsellor where the deeper needs and desires of both individuals are heard and understood. Our approach is non-judgemental and warm.
Meet our Relationship Counsellor and Psychologist.
Ambrose McKinnery brings a wealth of experience and expertise to Integrated Wellness, with 20 years’ experience in clinical and counselling psychology, as well as organisational psychology.
Ambrose realises that every couple’s situation is unique. He is aware that frustration within the relationship is caused by issues which can be difficult to address and overcome. This is where relationship support can help find pathways to addressing the issues that will continue to fuel distress into the relationship for as long as they remain unresolved.
As a professionally trained counsellor, as well as a psychologist, and with much personal experience, Ambrose is able to mediate and draw out the issues, and with much understanding and empathy, help identify what has to change in order for couple to get back on track.