Integrative Medical Doctor in our Mooloolaba Clinic
Integrative Medicine is the holistic medical care approach. We work along with some other great integrative doctors on the sunshine coast to combine conventional and evidence-based complimentary medicine to provide the best treatment plan with the outcome to get you feeling and functioning better. Integrative medical care is largely beneficial in the diagnosis and treatment of chronic and complex conditions. A holistic medicine doctor addresses disease from a holistic perspective to identify and address the underlying root causes of your health concerns. An integrative doctor utilises pathology testing to assess, diagnose and treat along with your regular GP and health care Practitioners.
“The Defining Principles of Integrative Medicine
- Patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
- All factors that influence health, wellness, and disease are taken into consideration, including mind, spirit, and community, as well as the body.
- Appropriate use of both conventional and alternative methods facilitates the body’s innate healing response.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive should be used whenever possible.
- Integrative medicine neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
- Good medicine is based in good science. It is inquiry-driven and open to new paradigms.
- Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
- Practitioners of integrative medicine should exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development.”