Are you suffering from depression, anxiety or feelings of stress?
Do you need support to work through a life transition or crisis?
Accredited Mental Health Social Workers (AMHSW) are highly specialised social workers who focus solely on mental health concerns and diagnoses.
They work from a holistic framework to empower you to help heal yourself.
Mental Health Social Workers consider a person’s psycho-social environment and are well versed in government support systems and programs.
They encourage a therapeutic relationship based on collaboration and partnership rather than an expert-patient relationship.
You will be actively involved and thoroughly supported through a bio-psychosocial, integrated approach to enhance your wellbeing, and identify and address issues that impact your mental health or create inequality, injustice or discrimination.
Our Mental Health Social Workers use a variety of evidence based treatments, tailored to you and your circumstances, such as:
- Skills development: problem solving, anger and stress management, emotional regulation, assertiveness, social skills and parenting skills
- Relaxation and Mindfulness strategies
- Person Centred Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy, Trauma Informed therapy
- Neuropsychotherapy, Attachment Theory
- Narrative Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
Our team work with children, adolescents and adults, across a broad range of mental health concerns and diagnoses including:
- Skills development
- Depression, anxiety and stress
- Relationship concerns
- Perinatal support
- Trauma and complex trauma, including sexual assault
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; Resilience and Growth
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Personality disorders
- Life crises
- Childhood social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Family therapy (attachment, empathy, communication, social skills)
- Grief and loss
- Self harm, suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Eating disorders
Accredited Mental Health Social Workers are registered under Medicare with rebates available under a Mental Health Care Plan.