Naturopath consultations for everyone
You are not alone. We see clients just like you! Commonly because they are:
- Struggling with uncomfortable symptoms
- Sick and tired of not knowing what to eat
- Staying up late researching health symptoms
- Constantly feeling overwhelmed, tired, stressed and foggy
- Frustrated because no one seems to be able to provide answers
- Seeking a thorough evidence-based approach, where a Naturopath works along with (and not against) Medical Doctors
- Needing a clear and simple treatment plan that doesn’t just address the symptoms with lots of supplements, but addresses the true cause!
If any of these sound all too familiar, we are here to help.
You’re in the right spot if you’re wanting to get to the bottom of your symptoms and work towards healing. To have a practitioner that really listens to you, ‘gets you’ and genuinely cares about you.
Our naturopath's can help with
Book a discovery call
Many clients are not sure if Naturopathy can help them.
Maybe you have seen a Practitioner before and you want to figure out if we can help further.
You might have questions that you want to ask the Practitioner in person before you commence a treatment plan.
You may be wondering if we can identify what is causing your symptoms.
No matter where you are, we can offer Naturopath consultation by phone or skype consultations and nutritional supplementation through Australia and Overseas. We would love to see you in person in our Brisbane Naturopath, Central Coast Naturopath, Gold Coast Naturopath, Newcastle Naturopath, Mooloolaba Naturopath or Caloundra Naturopath Clinics on the Sunshine Coast.
Would you rather chat with us? Call us QLD (07) 5458 4800 or NSW (02) 9055 7780
The ultimate choice for people who are time poor or in need of a quick supplement prescription
- Have you been wanting nutritional advice from an expert but just can’t find the time?
- Have you come down with a cold or flu, injury or other acute condition?
- Do you need a repeat on some practitioner products or supplements
- Do you need a referral for bloodwork or pathology?
- Do you have a quick question about your treatment plan?
Our Express Clinic is a 10 minute consultation over the phone or video link with one of our dedicated naturopaths. It is a focused, micro session designed to address a pressing concern.
It is not appropriate for long-standing, complex conditions or symptoms that require comprehensive review and deeper discussion including:
- Diet and lifestyle management
- Review of all of your current concerns
- New programs
Naturopaths may use any of the following to assist you on your path to wellness:
- Dietary intervention and using food as medicine
- Lifestyle recommendations- addressing areas such as work-life balance, stress reduction, getting you to do more of what you enjoy in life and what brings you fulfilment
- Herbal medicine- Many herbs have been used traditionally for centuries, some herbs have much scientific research to support their use
- Soft tissue manipulation
- Nutritional supplementation- Usually used to address deficiencies and known imbalances
- Counselling support
You do not need to actually be unwell to see a Naturopath, many people visit to formulate what we call a “wellness plan”. We prefer to take a preventative approach, with the aim of preventing illness from developing.
Many people like to see a Naturopath because the methods used are non-invasive and have fewer side effects than orthodox medicine. Our Naturopaths, however, believe that medical professionals have a very important and vital role to play in our health care.
The history of Naturopathy
Naturopathy dates back to the 18th – 19th century, however, its vital roots go as far back as 400BC with Hippocrates School of Medicine. In 1902 Benjamin Lust introduced Naturopathy to the USA and founded the American School of Naturopathy. It was following this that dietary and lifestyle advice became very popular in the treatment of illness. Between 1920-1940 there was a rapid increase in technologies and pharmaceuticals, and so naturopathic medicine declined. However, over the past 40-50 years its practice has steadily increased, particularly in the area of evidence based complementary medicine. Naturopathy in Australia in 1977 was reasonable in their coverage of basic biomedical sciences on paper.
There is a very strong history of Naturopathic medicine globally. It is time proven, however, most Naturopaths now days must complete years of education to be eligible to practice as a Naturopath, very different to even a few decades ago, where regulation of the profession was very low. Today most Naturopaths are qualified with a Bachelors level University degree, often in Health Science or Complementary Medicine.