Online Psychologist Australia therapy and Online Counselling
Hey there! Are you seeking an Online Psychologist Telehealth Psychology Consultation?
Our Psychologists are here to help you… no matter where you are!
Sometimes in life we need a helping hand.
Mental health conditions do not discriminate because of your geographical location.
You may benefit from an online psychology session if you are:
- A Farmer
- Juggling FIFO work
- Time poor and busy
- Unwell or physically can’t leave home
- Living nowhere near a Psychologist
- Wanting to stay home
We are here to support you
Important Information on COVID-19 crisis, Online Psychologist and Medicare
Access to psychology and online counselling services via telehealth therapy (virtual psychology) is available to you under the Medicare Benefits Schedule. This means you can still access support at home while practicing self-isolation or quarantine.
Frequently asked questions
Telehealth psychology sessions are a great option for those that cannot come into the clinic but want to experience psychology through online counselling Australia therapy. The consultations are completed using video conferencing technology. This has been found to be an effective method for people wanting to undergo psychology care.
The Australia Psychological Society (APS) said, “Psychological treatment provided using videoconferencing technology has been found to be as effective as a face-to-face appointment for a variety of mental health problems.”
- Time: No need to travel and wait in a waiting room.
- Location: If you live remotely and the nearest Psychologist is far away.
- Convenience: Perhaps you are busy juggling so much in your life or perhaps you would rather not leave the house.
- Privacy: If you live in a small town or you have a public profile in your area you may feel a little uncomfortable seeing someone local (rest assured everything is strictly confidential).
- Comfort: You get to be cosy in your own home. Many people report this is preferred.
- Choice: Telehealth means you can consult with the telehealth psychologist of your choice, you are not limited to only Psychologists that are near you.
Most areas can be treated, however, in some instances, certain conditions and symptoms must be managed in person. However, we can let you know if that is the case, or discuss this with your GP. Some assessments such as ADOS-2 (for Autism diagnosis) cannot be completed via telehealth. Contact us if you would like to check.
It may be, this is dependent on your health fund. Please check with them.
All you need is a laptop or computer or tablet/iPad that has sound, microphone and a camera and a stable internet connection.