Asthma can be a life threatening condition if it is not managed correctly.
It can be very scary for parent to watch their children suffer with Australia asthma site. Medication can provide you with relief but often there are triggers that haven’t been addressed.
I would like to share my personal story with you…
Growing up I was always in hospital, pretty much fortnightly, caused by poorly managed asthma. My Mum was always in hospital too, often we would be in there at the same time. In 1995 my Mum died from an asthma attack. Following this the stress made me incredibly sick and my asthma was almost uncontrollable. I was in and out of hospital continually, I was put into the intensive care unit twice and high dependency ward. I remember spending at least one Christmas and Easter in hospital, thank fully I don’t remember a Birthday in hospital! 🙂
I decided that I needed to get healthy because I had had enough and did not want to go down the same road as my Mum.
I have since found out that I have a huge amount of allergies and intolerances, if my hormones are out of balance my asthma will be too, if I am stressed my asthma worsens, if I eat junk my asthma worsens.
Today, you would never believe that I had this respiratory disease that I suffered so badly with (YAY!). Asthma can be a form of auto-immunity or your body being sensitive to foods or chemicals, it needs to be addressed from all angles.
I offer a holistic approach to asthma and respiratory disorder management for children and adults that include:
- Allergy and intolerance testing
- Stool testing as bacteria/fungal imbalance can be a trigger
- Food and symptom diary recording
- Inclusion of breathing techniques to strengthen the lungs
- Stress management coaching
- Integration to work alongside your doctor
- Hormone testing (particularly cortisol)
- Inflammatory marker testing
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Nutritional supplementation therapy for repair
- Inclusion of multi modalities where needed such as dietetics and acupuncture
- Dietary recommendations specific for asthma and respiratory disorders
If you would like to know more about how I can help you or your child contact Integrated Wellness Clinic for a FREE introductory consultation. Consultations can be done in person, or by long distance using phone or skype.
Yours in health and Happiness!