Blueberries! Anti-Ageing food Packed with anthocyanins, they slow down the ageing process, lower inflammation and are lower in fructose than other fruits. They are high in vitamin C and potassium. And best of all, they taste delicious. Eat them in salads, smoothies or straight from the punnet. Mmmmmm
My favourite Blueberry Muffin Recipe:
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cup bluberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder/bi carb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- Dash of vanilla
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- About 1/3 cup agave or stevia to taste
1) Preheat oven to 180C. Besan Ladoo Recipe Maharashtrian
2) Butter a muffin tin. I sometimes use a slice tin.
3) Mix dry ingredients together well.
4) Add wet ingredients and blueberrier and mix thoroughly
5) Put in muffin tins or tray and bake for about 20 mins. Stick a knife in to check they are pretty cooked, bear in mind that almond meal muffins are more moist than wheat muffins.