Storm is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Nutritionist, completing her Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of the Sunshine Coast. She pursued a degree in dietetics to make a difference in people’s lives by helping them gain the skills and knowledge needed to make positive changes to their health. Storm strongly believes that individuals can find health at every size and that nutrition is not a one size fits all approach. She will work with you one on one to create healthy habits and lasting change to assist you in reaching your goals. Being diagnosed with Coeliac Disease at an early age herself, Storm has a keen interest in the ever-evolving field of gut health and the interconnectivity of mental wellbeing with the food we eat. In addition to her Dietitian qualification, Storm has completed the FODMAP diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Dietitian’s course through Monash University to further extend her expertise in this important area.
Coeliac Disease and IBS
Food and mental health
Supporting a healthy lifestyle on a budget
Get to know Storm in 5 points:
- Storm is a bit of a homebody, preferring to hang out with her family and pets rather than be out and about. Favourite things to do as a family would be to conquer escape rooms, enjoy a home cooked dinner and play Bananagrams (Storm’s favourite game).
- To keep physically active Storm has a love for Crossfit. You’ll find Storm at the “box” most days of the week, moving her body and working on personal fitness goals. She’s that committed she will even get up on a cold Winter’s morning to make the early session so as not to miss a class for the day!
- Storm’s favourite way to relax is to potter in her garden. With a variety of plants and vegetables growing in her backyard, harvesting some home-grown vegetables always puts a smile on her face. Recently her inside plant collection has grown exponentially and her family have had to adjust to the new home décor.
- In the warmer months you’ll find Storm and her family often set off camping to get away from it all and spend some time in the outdoors. One of their favourite destinations is Kenilworth and now the Kenilworth Bakery are doing gluten free donuts makes for an extra incentive to head in that direction.
- Storm was diagnosed Coeliac at the young age of 16 and has not only learned to live with this disease but to celebrate it, embracing that a small dietary change will help to ensure a long and healthy life.