Lesley Baker has been in practice as a Naturopath for close to 15 years both in private practice and in clinics working closely with doctors and allied health practitioners. Within the field of Naturopathy, her passions are Herbal Medicine and Nutrition.
In order to evoke positive, long term and often permanent results to your health concerns, Lesley takes an extensive case history and utilises appropriate pathology testing enabling her to establish the cause or origin of the disease or pattern of ill health. This ensures Lesley can choose the correct dietary and lifestyle changes needed for you and to tailor a personalised specific prescription of herbal medicine and nutritional supplements to repair and heal you specifically.
Understanding that dietary and lifestyle changes can be quite challenging, Lesley will not ask anyone to take part in modifications of diet that she hasn’t already experienced for herself, and so is able to offer support, encouragement and understanding to assist with these changes. She believes in actively involving you in all aspects of your care and the journey back to health, so you remain in control and responsible for your own health.
Lesley has a passion for learning, continuously updating her skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with the latest research and would also love to teach naturopathy and herbal medicine. Lesley believes in educating to prevent future states of dis – ease and would love to see health and nutrition taught in the school curriculum from Prep to the end of high school.
Naturopath Lesley’s areas of special interest include:
- Gastrointestinal health including Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) and Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Autoimmune disorders including thyroid conditions such as graves disease and rheumatoid arthritis to name a few
- Skin issues including eczema and acne
- Lesley also enjoys working with children
Get to Know Lesley in 5 points
- It could be said that Lesley’s passion for herbal medicine began around the age of 8 when she learnt that chickweed could heal. She gathered it from the neighbourhood where it grew wild and went door to door selling bunches of it to all her neighbours in several surrounding streets.
- Lesley’s biggest love is her children. Following the birth of her first son, it was after watching a documentary about how chemicals lining plastic frozen vegetable bags were causing infertility in males, Lesley decided that she needed to know more, and that she wasn’t going to let that happen to her beautiful clean new baby boy. This is what initially sparked her interest in natural health.
- Another passion of Lesley’s is nature and the environment, which she protects by choosing not to use chemicals and plastics in her lifestyle, by composting scraps and recycling wherever possible and educating others.
- Lesley loves and collects elephants.
- Zumba is another love of Lesley’s as it combines her love of dancing with exercise. Food for both the soul and body.
Lesley looks forward to helping you achieve optimal wellness.