The Naturopathic Approach to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
“I wake up each morning and feel like I’ve been hit by a truck!.” Sound familiar?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) has an absolutely debilitating effect upon a person’s quality of life in a varied number of ways.
It is often characterised by any of the following: extreme level of fatigue, headaches, trouble concentrating, tender lymph nodes, muscle weakness, joint pain, loss of libido, depression, anxiety, allergies, fibromyalgia, gastrointestinal upsets (and the list goes on and on and on!).
It has a ripple effect upon relationships, work, family and social life.
As the drivers of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are complex and layered, the treatment and support is also multi-faceted and involves any of the following:
- Correcting nutritional deficiencies (Eg. Vitamin B12, Vitamin D and minerals)
- Hormonal Imbalance: Excess cortisol, Insulin resistance, Obesity, Thyroid hormone imbalance
- Support for a healthy mood (eg. Exercise techniques, anti-inflammatory dietary habits, herbal or nutritional supplementation)
- Addressing any underlying past or present bacterial or viral infections (CMV, EBV)
- Healing the gut mucosa and any leaky gut present
- Creating a balanced bacterial gut flora in the gut. We identify the flora present through thorough stool testing
- Assessing your environment: pollutants, microbes and toxins
- Heavy metals / Sluggish detoxification pathways
- Consider testing for MTHFR A1298C gene mutation
- Working with other health professionals to help work on underlying emotional drivers of CFS
- Nurturing the nervous system with herbal or nutritional supplements as well as mindfulness techniques
- Lessen the severity of symptoms (eg. Herbal relaxants and anti-inflammatories to decrease pain and improve sleep)
- Increasing energy production (eg. Magnesium, B-group vitamins, D-Ribose, Glutathione, CoQ10, exercise, breathing)
What causes Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
The exact cause of chronic fatigue syndrome is poorly understood. Researchers speculate that viruses, hypotension (unusually low blood pressure), a weakened immune system, and hormonal imbalances could all be contributing factors. It’s also possible that some people are genetically predisposed to develop chronic fatigue syndrome.
The above are just some of the many avenues Naturopaths work on to address Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).
We prefer to take an integrative approach through pathology testing and collaborative care to help you get the best possible outcome.
Take the next step to regaining good health!
Our Practitioners treat the root cause and not just the symptoms.
Through accurate assessment and scientific testing we can identify imbalances.
Our minimal fuss treatment plans address these imbalances.
Want to know how we can help you?
Why do we offer a Free Naturopath Assessment Consultation?
- Many clients are not sure if Naturopathy can help them.
- Maybe you have seen a Practitioner before and you want to figure out if we can help further.
- You might have questions that you want to ask the Practitioner in person before you commence a treatment plan.
- You may be wondering if we can identify what is causing your symptoms.
Claim your FREE Naturopath Assessment Consultation Online below or visit our phone us.