Mental Health Assessments – Extensive Neurotransmitter Profile
Neurotransmitters are the body’s chemical messengers, which are responsible for multiple body processes. Normal neurotransmitter biochemistry is essential for mental health and wellbeing.
Low or high levels of neurotransmitters are observed in various mental health disorders, such as depression, ADHD, Parkinson’s disease and panic attacks.
The Extensive Neurotransmitter Profile is a urine test, which assesses the levels of 6 neurotransmitters that are the most researched in relation to their effects on mood disorders, hormones, sleep, glucose/insulin balance, pain perception, appetite and cognitive function.
The markers assessed in the Extensive Neurotransmitter Profile include:
- Serotonin – an inhibitory neurotransmitter synthesised in the central nervous system (CNS) and gastrointestinal tract.
- Dopamine – an excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitter synthesised in many areas of the brain.
- Noradrenaline and Adrenaline – Noradrenaline and adrenaline are excitatory neurotransmitters as well as hormones.
- GABA – is an amino acid that functions as an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain.
- Glutamate – a major mediator of excitatory signals in the brain and is involved in most aspects of normal brain function including cognition, memory and learning.
Assessing neurotransmitter levels via urine is simple and non-invasive.
We work with passion and empathy to support you. We would love to see you in our Brisbane Naturopath Clinic or Gold Coast Naturopath Clinic our Sunshine Coast Naturopath Clinics in both Buderim and Caloundra. Alternatively, no matter where you are, we can offer naturopathy services by phone or skype consultations and provide nutritional supplementation and pathology testing advice.